Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gatton Campus

Location: University of Queendsland Gatton


As we venture forth, it is yet another milestone in Team TKCK achievement. I`m currently (h|d|R) down under doing my degree and in UQ Gatton. Well heres the scoop, sori for our low entries but we are human beings with family, friends, work commitment and studies to pursue. We are serious about our research but we take it casually, I know this is contradicting but thats how just tje team is; LAID BACK--> GO figure I`m in Aussie (No offence intended to my aussie mates)

Anyway here's the deal, there have been many rumours about the on campus houses which many of my seniors are residing. There have been many accounted incidences of disturbance such as toilet rolls going missing half way through doing your buisness, showers being turn on and off and as quoted by a senoir (Yulfia 2008) here:


"Sometimes when you look at the architecture of the houses you get this errie feeling of something is there. You can feel its presence and your hairs just stand. When you enter the house, its as though your transported to the 200 years back.The uni wants to retain the old design to give it the rustic feeling or their just too cheap to bulit a new one "

Many of the buildings on my campus are very old and have been there since World War 2. During the war the campus is use as a temporary hospital and that explains the nearby cemetery behind the on campus houses. Mind you although they look old, wait til you see the interior WOW. Anyway there are about 27-30 on campuse houses and rumour has it that one of two incidences are common in any of the houses but yet one house currently has no residence on it. That is house no 27, why? I have no idea; from hearsay it is said an incident happened there not awhile ago.What type of incident no knows but the person in charge of the houses on campus is not renting it out.



Above is a map of gatton campus. The one in yellow is the area of my campus and the one in blue are areas of the main builidings, including the cemetary and on campus houses.

Well for now I`m heading back to do my assignment. In few weeks time after my exam period is over I`ll venture out and stake out the areas and House 27. The interesting part is you can see rabbits, hares to be specific as rabbits live in burrows and hare live above ground. Here in Australia hares are considered vertebrate pest. You can see a whole gang of time at night roaming the uni grounds. Don`t try catching them, the are fast. In fact faster then a cat, trust someone talking from experience hahahaha. Long gone are those images of rabbits or hares in my mind hopping along merrily. They are fast little critters =) When there are abundance of hare they are snakes and dingos not far away.

To all My Fellow Muslims out there Eid Mubarak.Forgive my misdeeds towards you as I have forgiven yours towards me.


EXPLORE, EXPERIENCE, BELIEVE!!

No comments: